First, congratulations on your decision to purchase a home. We believe that when you are purchasing your most important and usually largest asset you should have a real estate company that can provide you a high level of service.
Below are 10 important Buyer tips when searching for your next home in Montana.
- Compare financing options and search for the home loan that is best for you.
- Get a Pre-Approval Letter – Contact a few banks/mortgage companies and share with them your financials and find the price range that is right for you.
- Make a list of features and amenities that you want. Communicate what is really important to you and have your Buyer Agent search for Montana homes that best fits your lifestyle.
- Select a Buyer Agent to help you select your next home. Do not rely on a Seller’s Agent who works for the best interest of the Seller to negotiate on your behalf.
- When deciding to purchase a home do not make major purchases until after you close on your new home.
- When you find a home that you love please do not delay. Be ready to make an offer because in competitive environments you have to act fast when you find a home that you like.
- Make sure your offer is a strong, competitive offer with a fair amount of earnest money deposit. Ask your Buyer Agent to pull comparable properties that have sold so you can see what other people have paid for similar homes.
- Make sure to do the important contingencies but do not overdo contingencies that might scare off a seller
- Always purchase a home inspection and radon test
- When writing the offer make sure you are clear on what stays with the house.
Here are some additional links for Buyers.