In Montana a “Buyer Agent” is defined in the required relationships/consent in real estate transaction disclosure form.
Once a Buyer signs an agreement with a “Buyer Agent” then the Broker acts in the sole best interest of the buyer in regards to purchasing real estate as defined in the Buyer/Broker Agreement.
A Buyer Agent is obligated to provide the Buyer certain duties and loyalties.
- Follow all lawful instructions of the Buyer
- Disclose all adverse material facts known by the Broker about the property
- Use reasonable care and skill for the Buyer
- Comply with all federal, state and local laws
- Keep confidential the buyers confidences
- Act in good faith
- Advise Buyer when to seek legal or other expert advice
Here are some additional links for Buyers.